Thank you for using RelayPlay! Your trust is important to us and we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The information that’s shared with us helps us to provide a great experience with RelayPlay.
1.2 Data Controller
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
2.1 Information You Give to Us.
2.1.1 Information that is necessary for the use of the RelayPlay Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the RelayPlay Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for an RelayPlay Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, and date of birth.
- Profile and Listing Information. To use certain features of the RelaPlay platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of the RelayPlay Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Airbnb Payments).
- Communications with RelayPlay and other Members. When you communicate with RelayPlay or use the RelayPlay Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
2.1.2 Information you choose to give us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using Airbnb Platform. This additional information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or when applicable, your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your RelayPlay profile (such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and a personal description). Some of this information as indicated in your Account settings is part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to experience coordinators.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, update or add information to your RelayPlay account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team, share your experience with us or use other features of the RelayPlayPlatform.
2.1.4 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the RelayPlay Platform and Payment Services.
When you use the RelayPlay Platform and the Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the RelayPlay Platform and Payment Services.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the RelayPlay Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. RelayPlay may also collect this information even when you are not using the app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the RelayPlay Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the RelayPlay Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the RelayPlay Platform, even if you have not created an RelayPlay Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the RelayPlay Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Airbnb Platform.
2.1.5 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
- We do not collect information from Third Parties
2.2 Children’s Data.
Our websites and applications are not directed to children under 16 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under 16. If you believe that we processing the personal information pertaining to a child inappropriately, we take this very seriously and urge you to contact us using the information provided under the “Contact Us” section below.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use, store, and process personal information to (1) provide, understand, improve, and develop the RelayPlay Platform, (2) create and maintain a trusted and safer environment (such as to comply with our legal obligations and ensure compliance with RelayPlay Policies) and (3) provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing.
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the RelayPlay Platform. We may use the personal information to provide, improve, and develop the RelayPlay Platform such as to:
- enable you to access and use the RelayPlay Platform,
- enable you to communicate with other Members,
- operate, protect, improve, and optimize the RelayPlay Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research,
- provide customer service,
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- if you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection,
- to operate, protect, improve, and optimize the RelayPlay Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience and enable your use of our enterprise products.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in improving the RelayPlay Platform and our Members’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
3.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment. We may use the personal information to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment such as to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your Accommodation address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide),
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required,
- comply with our legal obligations,
- Resolve any disputes with any of our Members and enforce our agreements with third parties,
- enforce our Terms of Service and other policies, and
- in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the RelayPlay Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to the RelayPlay Platform, and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes may restrict or suspend access to the RelayPlay Platform if such processes detect activity that we think poses a safety or other risk to the RelayPlay Platform, our community, or third parties. If you challenge the decisioning based on the automated process, please contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in protecting the RelayPlay Platform, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws.